Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
OkOb Web Forum « It's actually quite good but... »

OkOb Web Forum
   VDI Viewer for PDA
   VDIV Discussion
(Moderator: Denis Bakin)
   It's actually quite good but...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's actually quite good but...  (Read 1519 times)
Roop
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

It's actually quite good but...
« on: Nov 21st, 2003, 7:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

the user interface is doing me swede!
I've got a palm tungsten E as if that should make any difference.
What's doing me in is that the zoom + or - doesnt work reliably nor does the drop down menu.  It does'nt activate as per the online instructions.
In general this is potentially a excellent program; except it only does bitmaps.
If you do something that works with palm's latest operating system, with instructions that actually relate AND handles more than a bmp then the money is in the bank.
Over to you, matey.
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

Re: It's actually quite good but...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22nd, 2003, 2:59pm »

A little more info about the problems you experience would help. For example is that the menu activation that does not work reliably or the images do not show up in the menu? Would it work better for you if you use the scribble to write 1..9 to pick images a & z to do zooming and 0 to activate the menu?
In general it is difficult for me to assure reliable operation on the emerging PalmOS 5 devices until Palm releases emulator for OS5 devices that would work as good as the old one for m68k did, so the problem reports are very welcome. This is the only way I can know about bugs.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2003, 11:56pm by Denis Bakin » IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
simon_hibbs
YaBB Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:12am »

I haven't noticed the zoom problem mentioned yet and I use a Tungsten E, but I only installed the program today.

It's nice, a viewer that supports zoom and pan is very useful and it's amazing that this is the first free program of that type I've been able to find. Only two things prevent it being one of my favourite utilities:

1. Image file compression. The London tube map I'm using should only take up a bit over 100k, but actualy takes up over 700k. The Tungsten E has plenty of memory, but still...

2. Memory Card support.

I see that both of these are in the roadmap. Either one would much reduce the need for the other, and would greatly increase the value of the program (though I hope you can keep it free!).

Best regards,

Simon Hibbs
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Dec 4th, 2003, 11:17pm »

The next version will have the expansion card support. I hope to release it by the end of December.
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
ldkapner
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2003, 5:31pm »

I am also using a Tungsten E and have had some problems with the Zoom as well as the scrolling, it will ocassionally cause a fatal reset.  I am using a program called 1 button Pro and I am sure it is interfering with the use of the zoom.  Memory card support is the key issue, I will definitely donate when that feature comes out!! I still use is as my top image viewer since the Zooming makes looking at maps and pictures incredibly useful!!  Thanks for a great program

PS: The program would really benefit from support for the 5 way button on the new palms, with the toggle scrolling the picture and the center button cycling through the zoom levels!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2003, 9:12pm by ldkapner » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Home OkOb Web Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.