Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
OkOb Web Forum « New install Software package »

OkOb Web Forum
   3D Printing
   3D Printing and RepRap X2 Discussion
(Moderator: Denis Bakin)
   New install Software package
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New install Software package  (Read 3116 times)
srpowdercoating
YaBB Newbie

RepRapRox

New install Software package
« on: Sep 30th, 2012, 7:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just wanted to say thanks for putting the x2 together and the incredible software development you've put into the dual extruder design.  I just installed the new software package and it seems to work fine with slicer but when I go to skeinforge nothing happens.  if I run skeinforge directly it gives me the errors that the etrusion profiles can't be created, they don't have permission, so I have no choices in skeinforge.  Do I have to turn something off for skeinforge to be able to work?
Thanks Chris
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

Re: New install Software package
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2012, 6:18pm »

Hi Chris,  

Sory for the late reply. The forum e-mail notifications used to be broken after my transition to Google mail (fixed now).  

Are you running the bundle under Linux or Windows?  
What version (or distribution if Linux)?  

I saw that Skeinforge UI problem (under Ubuntu 10.4) and posted a new version (1.1.0.2) that should fix it for Linux.  

Check the download page:  
https://github.com/dob71/x2swn/downloads  

Note that there is a problem with Slic3r. Slic3r slicing uses the presets you select on the UI only when you are slicing from its UI. If you try to slice by opening the STL file from Printrun Slic3r will use the default presets. I'll post a fix for that and updated experimental profiles for Slic3r in a few days.  

Thanks
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
srpowdercoating
YaBB Newbie

RepRapRox

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2012, 6:14pm »

Just downloaded the newest windows version and installed it, everything is working great.  It seems on my windows 7 machine I needed to install as administrator, just ran it off the desktop before and I couldn't switch between the 2, the paths were wrong and the profiler would give me an error when I picked X2, now all is fine. Thanks
IP Logged
bravohsiao
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2013, 12:24pm »

Hi, thanks for your post of the RepRap X2 installation. I just installed the new software package but I still can't find out how to configure the Extruder 0 and Extruder 1 distance offset in firmware or host software, can anyone tell me how to configure it? Appreciate
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Sep 5th, 2013, 1:02pm »

The extruder offset is configured in firmware. The host software package relies on the firmware to know how to switch between extruders.

I'll assume you are using Marlin firmware for X2 (https://github.com/dob71/Marlin/blob/m/README.md)  or one of the latest versions of mainstream Marlin firmware (https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/blob/Marlin_v1/README.md) and have it configured to support 2 extruders.  

For the Marlin firmware for X2 you can use M208 command to configure the extruder offset. For the mainstream Marlin you can use M218 command. Send the following command to the printer (example for mainstream): "M218 T1 X<offset_x_in_mm> Y<offset_y_in_mm>".  

Test the offset by moving the printing head to the middle  of the printing area and issuing "switch extruder command with 'F' option" (without that option the head will not be re-positioned till the next move command is received). Example: "T1 F1000".

If you are just starting in the area and the above explanation makes no sense, take a look at these slides:  http://www.okob.net/projects/reprap/RepRap_X2_introduction.pdf

Hope that helps.
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Home OkOb Web Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.