Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
OkOb Web Forum « X2V3 »

OkOb Web Forum
   3D Printing
   3D Printing and RepRap X2 Discussion
(Moderator: Denis Bakin)
   X2V3
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: X2V3  (Read 10392 times)
Nojby

Email

X2V3
« on: Mar 6th, 2015, 2:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, I am very interested in the X2V3 version of 3D printer, I have more than 2 questions, do you have Skype ? If so, and if you were willing me to help it would be super. My skype nick is nojby_michal, so add me. I want to ask about slicing and more ... Have nice day. Michal
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

Re: X2V3
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2015, 2:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Michal,

I'd appreciate if you can start by posting your questions here. If you have them chances are somebody else does too. Having the questions and answers readily available to look up is a way more efficient for everybody.  

Thanks,
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
Nojby

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 9th, 2015, 3:16pm »

Hi, I have built similar 3D prointer like you. Thanks to your customization of Marlin. I have a question. How to calibrate the printing? Should be the heatbed in the middle length between both nozzles ?
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Mar 9th, 2015, 5:42pm »

What exactly are you trying to calibrate?

I'll make a guess, but if I'm off let me know what you meant. Since you mentioned heating bed position my guess is you'd like to make X=100,Y=100 position to be exactly in the middle of the bed.  

It is not necessary to position the bed exactly in the middle or move it to do that. You can simply adjust the coordinates of the hotend homing position. For example, my machine has the homing position of the hotend 0 at -35mm (see X0_MIN_POS in firmware Configuration.h file). I.e. it has to move 35mm right to reach the edge of the heating bed (X=0) or 135mm to reach its center (X=100).  

For the hotend 1 (since it homes to the right side of the machine) adjust X1_MAX_POS. The way I'm doing this is by setting up homing position for hotend 0, then printing a calibration object that is just one extrusion line (along Y axis), then adjusting the hotend 1 homing position so it prints exactly over that same line.

You can also try to use M206 command. It allows to configure adjustments to the homing positions hardcoded in the Configuration.h (for X,Y or Z). Those adjustments can be saved in EEPROM. I did not test it though.

Hope that helps.
IP Logged

Denis Bakin
Nojby

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12th, 2015, 10:55am »

Hi Denis,
sorry for my delay of posting here, i was 4 weeks ill.
First I am glad you to write Marlin X2V3. I made my customization for Rumba instead of RAMPS. I am able to move both axis X0 and X1.

I am not able to generate gcode for printing the calibration piece - simple line 0.2 mm x 100 mm. Would you be willing to give me the instruction step by step, how to generate gcode from slic3r ? If you don't use slic3r, so write the instruction for skeinforge, but I am not able to run skeinforge on windows.

Thank you for your time.
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12th, 2015, 9:11pm »

You can try to install the X2SW packge. It has both Skeinforge and Slic3r integrated, plus the printing profiles.

The downloads are here:
https://github.com/dob71/x2swn/wiki/Downloads

Read the release notes and the installation instructions:
https://github.com/dob71/x2swn/wiki/Release-Notes  
https://github.com/dob71/x2swn/wiki/Windows-Installation

If you are using 0.35mm nozzle diameter and 3mm filament in your printer the X2V3 printing profiles might be a good starting point.  

After the profiles are loaded and the software can communicate with your printer make a  3D model for 0.3x0.5x100mm (height-0.3, width -0.5, length-100) object. Slice using Skeinforge as the default slicer. That should produce G-code for one-line extrusion you were looking for.

If you need instructions on slicing in X2SW see here:
http://www.okob.net/projects/reprap_x2v3/hostsoft.htm  
Use the ABS-0.35-Parts or PLA-0.35-Parts profile as the template and modify to work for your printer.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2015, 9:24pm by Denis Bakin » IP Logged

Denis Bakin
Nojby

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22nd, 2015, 11:19am »

Hi I tried MIRROR MODE, and after some starting problems, it seems to be OK, I printed mirrored objects. Now I am trying to print  two-colors object. I have solved STL in slicer, manually added T1 for the first layer in another color, but the first extruder stays at his last position, should I manually add   T0 G28 X (G28 X on newline) or how to say to move extruder to the home position in case of changing extruders. ?  

Denis, do you have Skype ? I would like to make a chat to solve my problem faster, and you to take less time to write here on forum. I promise that our skype-chat I will post here for other users for them to help.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015, 11:43am by Nojby » IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22nd, 2015, 11:47am »

Yes you have to move it to a parking position. Here's G-code from the example Skeinforge profiles for X2V3. It saves parking positions for both extruders (just 1mm away from their homing positions) in slots 2 and 3 (M331 command in startup G-code). The M332 command is then used in extruder change G-code to move extruder that has to stay idle into its parking spot.

This one switches from printing layer with extruder 0 to extruder 1:
https://github.com/dob71/x2sw_profiles/blob/x2v3/.skeinforge/alterations /abs_c_on_x2v3.gcode

and that one switches back to extruder 0 after finishing printing with 1:
https://github.com/dob71/x2sw_profiles/blob/x2v3/.skeinforge/alterations /abs_c_off_x2v3.gcode

Startup G-code for color printing profile:
https://github.com/dob71/x2sw_profiles/blob/x2v3/.skeinforge/alterations /abs_c_start_x2v3.gcode
IP Logged

Denis Bakin
Nojby

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22nd, 2015, 12:36pm »

I have made some steps to the goal,

I learn how to use M331 and M332 commands using command line in pronterface.
Ex.:
T0 ; activate EXTRUDER 0
G28 X ; home X0  
G1 X 50.0 ; move X0  50mm
M331 S1 ; store position of EXT 0 to Slot 1
G28 X; home EXT 0  
T1;
M332 S1 F3000 ; move EXT 1 to stored position

now I am going to change gco manually, or can Slic3r do this "storing the position" instead of me ? How to solve this in Slic3r?
IP Logged
Nojby

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22nd, 2015, 12:44pm »

Thanks for your quick response, I am going to read your gcodes to better understand how to make it.
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Jun 22nd, 2015, 1:51pm »

If you are using Slic3r that comes in X2V3 v1.2.0.1 bundle then make sure "G-code Flavor" in "General" section on the "Printer Settings" tab is set to "RepRap X2/X2V3".
After that you can go to "Custom G-code section" and write custom G-code for tool change in "Tool change G-code" box (scroll down to get to it).

You might be able to reuse some of the Skeinforge tool change G-code, but have to deal with Slic3r specifics.  
There's only one G-code snippet that has to work for switching between all the  extruedrs and the previous/next extruder numbers are the variables.  
Slic3r also used to manage E-position differently when switching tool, so Skeinforge G-code pre-setting retract length might not function correctly.
IP Logged

Denis Bakin
Nojby

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 23rd, 2015, 9:03am »

A small offtopic, I found that COOLDOWN item in menu (I am using DOGLCD) DONT WORK. (from ultralcd.cpp) specially newline...

Ex.:  

MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_COOLDOWN, PSTR("M140 S0\nM104 S0"));
here M140 S0 work but M104 S0 dont work

if I change them  
MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_COOLDOWN, PSTR("M104 S0\nM140 S0"));
here M104 S0 work but M140 S0 dont work

it seems that the problem is in \n ..., any idea how to solve?
Marlin version: MarlinX2-X2Marlin_v1_1_1_b2

And to the dual printing, I used G28 X in gcode to park extruder, but that didn't work, good idea with M332 in slot 2 and 3 to make them as parking positions.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2015, 9:05am by Nojby » IP Logged
Nojby

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jun 23rd, 2015, 9:10am »

I have found a solution for the COOLDOWN menu item problem...
use function instead of direct gcode
http://3dprintboard.com/archive/index.php/t-8441.html
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Jun 24th, 2015, 4:42pm »

I'll apply the cooldown fix.  
BTW, you can always send a pull request if have a bugfix or something else to add to the repository.  
If have no experience with GitHub yet, they have a nice intro https://help.github.com/categories/bootcamp/

One more thing, theoretically it should be possible to use homing on X for parking, but it is slower and  endstops can potentially introduce small layer shifts due to tiny variations in position+timing when they are triggered and detected by the firmware.
IP Logged

Denis Bakin
samo
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17th, 2015, 3:32pm »

Hi ,  
My design machine almost finish   , just have an question in MarlinX2 Firmware Dual extruder are already enable ?
i read all RepRap X2V3 Firmware but honestly i was confused , im using one stepper motor for my X axis , how to add second X carriage Hotend  and second extruder motor  ?  
how to adjust endstop for X carriages ?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Home OkOb Web Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.