Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
OkOb Web Forum « Ramps FD »

OkOb Web Forum
   3D Printing
   3D Printing and RepRap X2 Discussion
(Moderator: Denis Bakin)
   Ramps FD
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ramps FD  (Read 1552 times)
Danthe3man

Email

Ramps FD
« on: Apr 13th, 2015, 2:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just seen the ramps FD. How difficult would it be to change an extruder output to motor control. I suppose it would be just pins.h setting?
I am going to order one next week and give it a go.
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Ramps FD
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2015, 3:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If what you mean is using one of the three stepper drivers they marked as extruder steppers (for example E2) for controlling second motor on the dual X axis then yes it should be just pins.h change.  

I do not know which pins they hooked up where comparing to RAMP 1.4. If everything is the same then maybe the only thing you'll need to do is making sure the pins controlling X2V3 extension board are changed to match the RAMPS FD hardware (looks like they have the extra stepper and 2 extra MOSFET outputs to cover everything the exension board does).  
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
Danthe3man

Email

Re: Ramps FD
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2015, 7:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just searched for them on geeetech. £19.44. seems like a bargain, inc. free shipping. Stepsticks cheap too- 10+ @ £1.87 each. Going to  order two and 12 sticks. I`ll let you know how i go once i get them. Thanks for reply and help.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Home OkOb Web Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.