Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
OkOb Web Forum « Prontface Question »

OkOb Web Forum
   3D Printing
   3D Printing and RepRap X2 Discussion
(Moderator: Denis Bakin)
   Prontface Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prontface Question  (Read 1681 times)
samo
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Prontface Question
« on: Jun 9th, 2016, 11:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello , when run slic3r it has only 3mm PLA and ABS , but i'm using both 3mm and 1.75mm in my printer , how can i add 1.75mm filamet to Slic3r setting ?
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Prontface Question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 9th, 2016, 1:23pm »

Since I'm currently using only 3mm filament there is no preset for 1.75mm.  

If you selected Slic3r in Pronterface as your slicer, then go to the "Setting->Slicing Settings" in Proterface UI. This will bring up Slic3r configuration window. Click on the "Filament Settings" tab in that window, then click on the "floppy disc" icon. This will bring up a dialog where you can save filament settings under different names. You can follow the pattern that is currently there and create "ABS-1.75mm" and "PLA-1.75mm" filament profiles, tweak the filament diameter, other settings you would like to change for those filaments (use that "disc icon" button to save the changes).  

The profile you select on the filament tab is the one that is going to be used by Pronterface by default when slicing from its UI.
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
samo
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10th, 2016, 7:14am »

Thank you for your reply ,  
just another question , should i change other setting for add 1.75mm filament . or can you tell some reference , there are lot's of setting and i confuse what they are effect if i change them  

One more question , how can i set Homing position ? i read alot but still dont understand how i can to set home position for 3 axis
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2016, 2:20pm by samo » IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10th, 2016, 3:41pm »

Assuming the nozzle diameter is the same you should be able to have it working with just the filament diameter change.  
You might eventually want to tweak other settings and the start/end G-code (in the printer settings tab).
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Home OkOb Web Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.