Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
OkOb Web Forum « Skinforge »

OkOb Web Forum
   3D Printing
   3D Printing and RepRap X2 Discussion
(Moderator: Denis Bakin)
   Skinforge
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Skinforge  (Read 3778 times)
samo
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Skinforge
« on: Jul 16th, 2016, 8:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello ,  
On this page http://www.okob.net/projects/reprap_x2v3/hostsoft.htm ,
wrote  
ABS-0.35C-BASE and ABS-0.35C-INSERT
Slice the first STL using "BASE" profile;
Switch to the "INSERT" profile and slice the second STL;
Click X2Merge button to bring up the merge tool dialog;

X2 Merge is in pronterface , but where i can to select INSERT profile and BASE profile ? it should be on pronterface UI ?

Another question , im using 0.4mm Nozzel , i changed it on Slic3r but how can i set nozzle diameter in Skinforge ?
IP Logged
Denis Bakin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Skinforge
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17th, 2016, 12:59am »

The slicing profile is selected in Skeinforge settings UI. You can bring the UI up by going to "Settings->Slicing Settings" in Pronterface.

Skeinforge does not have nozzle diameter setting. The profiles I  have are for 0.35 mm nozzle and should probably work OK for 0.4mm as well.  

If you'd like to tweak it be sure to search and read info on various Skeinforge settings and plugins online. There are lots of settings. For controlling the extrusion width it uses "Edge Width over Height" ("Carve" page) and "Infill Width over Height" ("Insert" page) ratio settings.  
The rule of thumb is to configure ratio resulting in extrusion width being slightly wider than the nozzle diameter. For example (from X2V3 profiles), for the layer height 0.23mm the ratio 1.9 gives 0.437mm extrusion width. This is a bit too narrow for 0.4mm nozzle. In order to mitigate this you can increase the ratio, increase the layer height or do a little bit of both.
IP Logged

---------------------------
Denis Bakin
samo
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Skinforge
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18th, 2016, 6:19am »

Thank you  
on Jul 17th, 2016, 12:59am, Denis Bakin wrote:
The slicing profile is selected in Skeinforge settings UI. You can bring the UI up by going to "Settings->Slicing Settings" in Pronterface.

Skeinforge does not have nozzle diameter setting. The profiles I  have are for 0.35 mm nozzle and should probably work OK for 0.4mm as well.  

If you'd like to tweak it be sure to search and read info on various Skeinforge settings and plugins online. There are lots of settings. For controlling the extrusion width it uses "Edge Width over Height" ("Carve" page) and "Infill Width over Height" ("Insert" page) ratio settings.  
The rule of thumb is to configure ratio resulting in extrusion width being slightly wider than the nozzle diameter. For example (from X2V3 profiles), for the layer height 0.23mm the ratio 1.9 gives 0.437mm extrusion width. This is a bit too narrow for 0.4mm nozzle. In order to mitigate this you can increase the ratio, increase the layer height or do a little bit of both.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Home OkOb Web Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.